Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One of the most confusing Spells ever

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
For me a privateer main who has been playing this game sense launch day its been very weird for me to say that I still don't understand what I think is one of the most confusing spells in the game both for the team you cast it on and the caster them self, blast of discord.
the spells description is very basic and explains next to nothing here are some questions I have about the blast
why does it sometimes effect troops and other times not at all even if there health is low I think its got something to do with % but even if everyone has the same % it works on some and not all of the enemy
I know it stops when someone misses and then they are kicked out of the discord cycle but if no one misses how many turns does it take to stop on its own

and why aren't the answer to these things in the description of the power

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sometimes, learning how a Power works happens best by using it in battle. There simply isn't room on the "card" to describe all of the aspects of Blast of Discord.

Fan sites also have guides and discussions about Powers and how they work exactly. Here is a link to one such discussion on Pirate101 Central:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?60376&p=299601#post299601

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMSBIGBRO on Dec 23, 2018 wrote:
For me a privateer main who has been playing this game sense launch day its been very weird for me to say that I still don't understand what I think is one of the most confusing spells in the game both for the team you cast it on and the caster them self, blast of discord.
the spells description is very basic and explains next to nothing here are some questions I have about the blast
why does it sometimes effect troops and other times not at all even if there health is low I think its got something to do with % but even if everyone has the same % it works on some and not all of the enemy
I know it stops when someone misses and then they are kicked out of the discord cycle but if no one misses how many turns does it take to stop on its own

and why aren't the answer to these things in the description of the power
Welcome to the message boards, EMSBIGBRO!
I have only a basic understanding of BoD, yet that hasn't stopped me from using it effectively.
Basically BoD is activated if the enemy are grouped together and wounded. ( this includes melee and ranged units, even the ranged will only attack a team mate that is next to them. )
If there's a miss or until a team mate is defeated ( with no other target close enough to attack ) the BoD stops.
Those answers aren't in the description because there's no room for it, I suppose.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah I get that using it in battle will help but you gotta relize that I’ve been using it for a year with little progress and something anything on the power would help just a little would go a long way and I’m someone who likes too know exactly what I’m doing so it is irritating mind you I know the basics and can use it effectively until I cast on a team that will sometimes cause a full team wipe on only get one enemy and they will only attack once it’s so weird

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMSBIGBRO on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Yeah I get that using it in battle will help but you gotta relize that I’ve been using it for a year with little progress and something anything on the power would help just a little would go a long way and I’m someone who likes too know exactly what I’m doing so it is irritating mind you I know the basics and can use it effectively until I cast on a team that will sometimes cause a full team wipe on only get one enemy and they will only attack once it’s so weird
Ah, well that's the random chance % of how many you affect, and sorry, I don't know that chance percentage. Everything doesn't work perfectly every time.