Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Huge bug with promotion quest

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Simply, I went to promote Ratbeard to Captain after visiting Marleybone
"What's the bug with that?"
It's that the quest's goal where you speak to Catbeard can't be completed, and thus not the promotion, since he's in prison
If you can, either fix this or replace Catbeard with someone else for this promotion quest

Cheers.
(This might have already been mentioned, but this is still in need of fixes)

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Catbeard will be unavailable to assist you with those promotion quests when your character's main quest is in between the quests "That Darned Cat" and "The Verdict." Just keep going along your main quest and you'll be able to finish the promotion after "The Verdict."

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Eelarc on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Simply, I went to promote Ratbeard to Captain after visiting Marleybone
"What's the bug with that?"
It's that the quest's goal where you speak to Catbeard can't be completed, and thus not the promotion, since he's in prison
If you can, either fix this or replace Catbeard with someone else for this promotion quest

Cheers.
(This might have already been mentioned, but this is still in need of fixes)
Other players have had this "problem". This isn't a bug, you've waited way too long to promote Ratbeard. You'll have to wait to spring Catbeard from prison to continue.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Other players have had this "problem". This isn't a bug, you've waited way too long to promote Ratbeard. You'll have to wait to spring Catbeard from prison to continue.
A similar problem occurs if Buccaneers wait to long to promote Barnabus, I think.

Another reason to keep your companions leveled close to your Pirate's level as you play. Even if you only use them for tasks, the rewards get better as they level up and promote.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
A similar problem occurs if Buccaneers wait to long to promote Barnabus, I think.

Another reason to keep your companions leveled close to your Pirate's level as you play. Even if you only use them for tasks, the rewards get better as they level up and promote.
Yes, it's happened to a few Bucks. They must promote Barnabus before going to the Scurvy Dog's hideout before entering Port Regal.
So if you're a Buck reading this and about to finish fighting The Duck of Death - promote Barnabus at once!
And for everyone else - level and promote all main quest line companions as soon as you get the promotion notice!