Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Having trouble launching

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2012
I recently reset my computer and I recall having this same problem before, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

The launcher seems to be working fine, but once I actually try to launch the game I get an error telling me it failed to start. I did a quick little Google search and saw I should update my video card, which I did, but that didn't fix the problem. I also tried getting the latest version of DirectX because I know how integral it is to Windows games, but I'm getting the same error message.

I also tried resetting my computer after trying to launch a few times with the updated video drivers and DirectX, and I will mention that it seemed to load a little longer before failing then, but it did anyways.

The error message I'm getting is:

"Pirate101 graphical client failed to start.
Error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type"

And since I get the feeling a lot of will ask me why/tell me to submit the bug report it asks me to send each time it crashes, I have. I have two or three times today alone. That might be a bit too much.. But I wanted to post here anyways because I don't know how to get feedback from bug reports.